This problem I probably caused by shutting down my computer in the middle of the new Windows Version 1903 update. An hour after restarting my computer to complete the install, my computer seemed to be hung and never loaded up … Read the rest
Click start. Enter winver and select winver.exe in result set.
There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
All I can tell you folks is what … Read the rest
- Raise an elevated command prompt.
- Type in CHKDSK /f /r /x
- /f parameter tells CHKDSK to fix errors that it finds.
- /r parameter tells CHKDSK to repair to find the bad sectors and try and recover the readable information.
This applies to Windows 10 version 1607 or newer.
If Notes crashed immediately after startup, here is how you can fix it.
Always try shutting down your PC and do a cold boot first to see if that fixes your … Read the rest
Every time your video card drivers update, the default colors are changed to your video card color settings. This causes the background color of Photo Viewer to change to yellow.
To fix this, do the following:
- Type color in the
First Try This:
Start Command Prompt as administrator.
Enter the following commands
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- While on the desktop, press Windows Key + X.
- Select Command Prompt (Run as Administrator).
- Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type ipconfig
1) Press Windows key and R
2) Enter: shell:startup
3) Add a shortcut to something you want to be started when Windows boots up.
In the search, type system and click the result, "System Control Panel".
Click Advanced system settings.
Click the Hardware tab.
Click Device Installation Settings.
Click the 'No' radio button.
Click 'Save Settings' to close the dialogue box.
Click the OK … Read the rest