1) On the body of the report, drag a tablix. Make the first row the height and width of your page. Call the Tablix ‘TheTablix’.
2) Drag a rectangle into the first row of the tablix. Call the Tablix ‘TheRectangleRow1’.
3) Left mouse click the rectangle. Click the top left square. Drag the top corner toward the bottom right corner about 3 inches.
4) Left mouse click the body. Right mouse click the body and insert image. Choose Embedded and click import. Click OK. Set the location of the image to 0,0. Change the Sizing to ‘FitProportional’. Call the image, ‘TheImage;.
5) Right mouse click the image, choose layout, and the send backwards.
6) Left mouse click the rectangle. Click the top left square. Drag the top corner back to the top left corner of the body. Copy the size of ‘TheRectangleRow1’
7) In the Properties window, select your image so it is selected. Paste the size of the rectangle size you copied to the clipboard into the size property of the image.
8) If everything was done correctly, when you click within the borders of the page, the image should be selected in the properties window. From here, you can select a control from the toolbox and draw it over the image. The end result, is the control actually becomes a child of the body and that is what you want.
The zOrder shoudld be as follows:
1) The parent of the controls is ‘TheRectangleRow1’.
2) The parent of ‘TheRectangleRow1’ is ‘TheTablix’
3) The parent of ‘TheImage’ is ‘TheRectangleRow1’ but 1 z-order behind the controls.
4) The parent of ‘TheTablix’ is the BODY.